Congressman Steven Horsford has made internships available in his office in Washington, D.C., and in his District office in Nevada to provide experiences for students and others who wish to learn more about the workings of a Congressional office and about our country’s democratic political process.
The Office is seeking motivated, organized, and reliable individuals to assist the legislative and administrative staff with day-to-day duties. Such duties include assisting the legislative and communications staff, attending briefings, hearings, and outreach events in the District, answering phones, drafting constituent correspondence letters, doing legislative research, and various other tasks. The internship is unpaid, though interns will gain valuable congressional and office experience and will have access to many unique opportunities. Nevada and District 4 ties are preferred, but not necessary.
To apply for an internship with Congressman Horsford, please email a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to: NV04Internships@mail.house.gov.
Your application should consist of:
- A resume
- A short writing sample (no more than 2 pages)
- For prospective press interns: your sample should be a press release or speech
- A cover letter including the following information:
- Dates and hours of availability
- A statement outlining your professional goals and why you want to work for this Office
The subject of your email should be as follows:
- If you are applying for the Washington, D.C. legislative internship: "DC Internship - Your Name"
- If you are applying for the Washington, D.C. press internship: "DC Press Internship - Your Name"
- If you are applying for the Nevada internship: "DO Internship - Your Name"
Please note that summer internships are by far the most popular – and we always receive more applicants than we can accommodate. Students should send in their applications for summer internships months in advance of their anticipated start date.
If you have any questions regarding internships with Congressman Horsford’s office, please feel free to call our Nevada office at (702) 820-4500 or our Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-9894.