Staff Assistant — Posted October 28, 2021
The office of Congressman Steven Horsford seeks a highly organized, passionate, team-oriented Staff Assistant for a position in our North Las Vegas District office. Candidates must be comfortable working with the public and have excellent oral and written communication skills and problem solving abilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the front desk, greeting visitors, processing flag requests, answering phones, and overseeing an active mail program
- Sorting/batching correspondence, drafting correspondence and ensuring a swift turnaround time
- Responding to constituent mail, keeping abreast of legislative developments, and meeting with constituent groups
- Assisting District Representatives as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required
The ideal candidate will be/must have:
- A passion for public service and commitment to democratic values
- Strong writing and communication skills and be detail-oriented
- Advanced experience with spreadsheets and forms,
- A poised, confident, self-starter, and team-player with a sense of humor
- The ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- The ability to work weekends and holidays
- Have reliable transportation, auto insurance and a clean driving record
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a college or university or have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one-year relevant experience in community or human services.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language skills and District ties are a plus.
Qualified candidates must include a cover letter, resume, one writing sample and three professional references in a single PDF file. Email submissions to the Director of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must read "MEM-NV04-SA-2 __last name."